Sunday, January 22, 2012

soldiers' angels

While trolling PostSecret today I came across a link that connects you with a deployed soldier so that you can support them.  What a great idea, right?!  Here's the link: Soldiers' Angels. They are a nonprofit that connects you with a deployed soldier so that you can send letters/care packages/blankets/etc. to them.  I'm going to be honest, I think it's really easy to forget about our soldiers and what they're doing over there.  Which is very sad because they're sacrificing a lot to defend and serve our country.  They are truly amazing men and women and what better way to serve them?  We can send them goodies and things they need without it being a financial burden to us.  Or if you're short on money you can send them letters.  That way you're only paying for paper, envelopes and postage.  And you're probably making someone's day!  As I began to read more on their website, especially the testimonials, I was really moved.  So I adopted a solider.  Wahoo!  I've been wanting to do something like this (support our troops in some way) for awhile now and I just didn't know exactly how to go about it.  So, I'm not sharing this to guilt you into adopting a soldier or a "hey look at what I did", but in an attempt to just extend the information in case you feel like you want to do something like this too.  Here's to our soldiers!

2 comments:

Rae said...

Welcome to SA. I'm on my 5th soldier adoption. Its always amazing to hear how people joined our group. Good luck with whichever adoption route you choose. I hope you've joined the message boards and seen what all the other angels are willing to offer! Bless you for taking on a soldier! While you may never hear back (Ive had some talkative ones and some silent ones), Its always appreciated! Remember that even when its tough to send to someone you never hear from.

jessi said...

thank you! that's very encouraging as i have a soldier i never hear from. thanks for stopping by and commenting :)