Saturday, January 28, 2012

p-i-z-z-a

 
Did y'all ever watch this Mary Kate and Ashley sleepover video?  They had the most annoying cutest little song where they sing about pizza and spell out p-i-z-z-a like the entire time.  It kind of gets stuck in your head especially if you watched it 2,345 times during your childhood.  And more often than not I sing it in my head when eating/making pizza.  Anyway, remember when I told you about how I plan out our meals for the week?  Well, John and I really like pizza, like a lot.  And since Fridays are kind of special (you know, the whole not having to work for two days thing?) I've kind of designated Friday night as our pizza night.  And pepperoni gets sort of old week after week.  So here are some tasty looking (and healthy!) pizzas I found and thought I would share with y'all.

Chicken and Herb White Pizza (Mom, I thought you would like this one)

BBQ and Blue Cheese Pizza

Pizza Supreme

Four-Cheese Pizza

Turkey Alfredo Pizza

Herbed Cheese Pizza

Being a pizza expert of sorts, I have a few things to say about various crusts you can purchase.  No, I don't make my own...that's just too much.  I don't suggest generic brand refrigerated crusts (unless your generic brand is great) but ours isn't and since I'm cheap I've bought it multiple times hoping for different results only to find that it sticks to the pan or ends up really crappy. 

This one is pretty good.
I really like this one. 
And this one is really great too.  It requires a little more planning ahead (you have to let it sit at room temperature for 20 minutes before using) but not much.
(crappy picture but it's the only one I could find...Trader Joe's Pizza Dough and it's only $0.99!)

Do you guys have any delicious recipes that you like?

1 comment:

Heather said...

You know we dig pizza. Lately I've gotten the publix dough (like trader joe's kind) and shaped it in different ways according to holidays. We've done a candy cane version and a heart for V-day. Makes it fun and different.