Thursday, September 15, 2011

winter ain't gonna touch me

Did I just say that?  Yeah, I did.  Because winter is literally not going to touch me (read: my skin) this year!  See, my skin is perpetually dry (except for face and scalp but that's another story) and winter up here in the North really does a number on me.  I am prepared and thus, it will not be happening to me this year.  "How are you so prepared you?", you may ask.  Well, here's how...

  • First, I drink at least 64 ounces of water a day.
  • Every night in the shower, I use a pumice stone on my feet so as to avoid Fred Flintstone feet, plus it just seems like a good idea.



  •  Then after showering is done and I've dried off, I use a body brush to get rid of any dead skin cells (you shed 40,000-50,000 skin cells a day!) so that I'm extra fresh.  Side note: Using a body brush helps to increase your blood flow.  Not that I really have a problem with that now, but it's always better to prevent, right?  If you choose to use a body brush always make brush strokes in the direction of your heart.





  • And lastly, I use grapeseed oil (infused with lavender essential oil to smell all nice and fresh) to moisturize.  My skin feels clean and hydrated!  Also, I feel like I'm doing a mini spa treatment every night, so yay for that!  Let's just see if these results last through the winter...err, they will last through the winter!
(Also, since Dixie apparently has an appetite for lotions/ointments/oils, she now follows me around each night after my spa treatment and pretends that I'm a human lollipop.  Quite funny when I'm moving around the kitchen preparing my food for the next day and she's constantly licking my calves.)

No comments: