Wednesday, September 29, 2010

committed

I recently finished Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert. As some of you may remember I loved Eat, Pray, Love; the first book of hers I read, however I will have to say that this one is only ok. It is no Eat, Pray, Love that's for sure. She takes on more of a sociologist role in this book and examines every stinkin little crevice of the entire institution of marriage. At some points during the book she was so negative that I found myself thinking "now why did I get married?". I did push past those points and knew full well that I have a wonderful husband so it was definitely her writing that was getting to me. Not to bash Ms. Gilbert but I would only recommend reading this book "just to say you've read it". I give it umm a 2 out of 5 stars (just because she did so much research for the book). Sorry Liz.

No comments: