Sunday, December 2, 2012

lately

I know I'm pretty much the world's worst blogger...ever.  Sorry about that.  I'm just pretty inconsistent with updating y'all with what's going on in our lives.  Usually I cycle between being really overwhelmed with daily activities or there's absolutely nothing going on.  So here's us lately:

We were able to go to TN and spend Thanksgiving with John's family this year, which was a blast!  Our trip was filled with cooking, eating, chatting, football, spending time with family and even...Black Friday shopping!  That's right, Kathy and Heather braved the crowds with me on Friday.  The traffic and crowds weren't actually that bad, which was a nice surprise.  :)  I'm thankful for John's family and all of the time we got to spend together, it was simply wonderful.  Thank you, Kathy and Gary for the sweet hospitality :)  it was nice to be back in the South for a bit.  I'm already looking forward to making our way back down South for Christmas!

Once we returned to PA I went into overdrive decorating our house during every spare minute I had.  I'm happy to announce that our house is completely decorated for Christmas now, yay!  I've also been working on cards and baking.  Now if we can just get to that cleaning up part...hmmm, I feel like a kid when it comes to cleaning.  I have all the energy in the world when it comes to decorating/making a mess but it always seems that I'm just pooped out when that cleaning part rolls around.  Sigh, the troubles of being a grown up :)

And I'm so excited that Christmas movie time is in full swing!  We watched It's A Wonderful Life last night and darn-it if that movie doesn't make me cry every single time.  Then we watched a couple of (cheesy) Hallmark Christmas movies, and it was splendid!  I told John (as I do every year), "If I say it once, I'll say it a thousand times...I COULD TOTALLY STAR IN A CHRISTMAS MOVIE!".  He responds by rolling his eyes and nodding his head, to appease me, no doubt.  Now I love my Christmas movies but I'll be the first to admit that most of them are ridiculously cheesy and the acting is almost always sub par.  Which is why I could totally star in one.  One day, one day.

Now onto wrapping presents, yay!  I sure do love this season :)

No comments: