Sunday, July 5, 2009

M.I.A.

Sorry I've been absent for what seems like the last year. We've been pretty busy and logged in wayyyy too many road trip hours over the last few weeks. After we rested in PA for a few days we were off on our next excursion--John's aunt, Mary Ann's wedding in TN! After we arrived we crashed because we had driven through the night. Once we caught up on rest we were able to enjoy some good time with John's parents, Heather and Patrick (sister-in-law and John's brother) and their adorable little Anna! We then went to downtown Knoxville to begin the pre-wedding festivities. Mary Ann and Dave planned such a great weekend, we were staying at a hotel in downtown Knoxville, right near Market Square, which is this cute...well, market square...with tons of cute boutiques and interesting restaurants. It was awesome and we loved it! After their 6 minute wedding ceremony (yes, Mary Ann timed it and yes, I do believe that should be a world record!) we all went to Oodles to enjoy a sweet reception. Once the reception was over we all went our separate ways (some of us took naps, some of us played in the pool...I bet you can guess who did what) and the fam rejoined later to enjoy a fabulous (!) dinner at Oodles. One thing I have to say is that Mary Ann can pick some good food and of course congrats to Mary Ann and Dave!! The next couple of days were spent hanging out with John's family, which was a lot of fun especially since we haven't been to TN since Thanksgiving!

I had to leave on Monday to come back to work and John, his parents and Dixie came back on Thursday. My intentions were to keep ya'll up to date during my time here alone however it was mostly spent cleaning because I had a dog-free house to myself. I again found myself taking after my mother--I was actually excited about cleaning and really enjoyed it! How weird! But to be fair we haven't done a "deep" cleaning to the house since we've had Dixie--just straightening up.

Now we're all joined together in PA--John and his dad are building a fence in our yard so that the pup can run free and Kathy and I have been running errands, walking the pup and hanging around the house--ok she did some yard work too but somehow I missed out on that (oops). Last night we enjoyed a great dinner and some really cool fireworks, now we're back to the above mentioned roles...do I really have to go to work tomorrow? Sitting around is sooo nice...

1 comment:

delores lail said...

Glad you are back home safely and had a wonderful 4th! (So cool that "Mother Cleaning" is a trait you love!)