Sunday, March 11, 2012

some like it hot

I am slowly but surely trying to amp up my spiciness intake.  Every time I eat Thai I get at least a 3 on the spiciness scale (weak, I know) and if I'm feeling a little more adventurous I creep up to a 4.  By the end of the meal I've consumed 6 glasses of water, my sinuses are completely cleared and my nose is continuously dripping.  I'm not sure why I feel like I need to increase my spiciness, I've just made it my mission over the past year or so to try.  Sooo in the spirit of all things spicy I added this recipe to my Pinterest food board and tried it last night.


It was delicious!! And yes, pretty spicy.  If you're not a chicken eater you could totally make it without.  Also, personally, I feel like if I'm eating a carb loaded dinner I like to have more veggies with mine so I think I put three times as many peas in it.  And I just had leftovers and added steamed broccoli (that also helped control the spiciness).  So if you're into hot stuff you should try this.  And if you're trying to amp up your tolerance of spice I would try this too, you can always scale back on the red pepper flakes.  Enjoy!

(recipe and photo credit go to tastebook)

No comments: