Sunday, November 6, 2011

rachael ray's pork and brussels sprouts stir fry

I'm not a huge fan of pork but it was on sale buy one get one so I figured I could find a recipe that I could choke down.  And I opened my Everyday with Rachael Ray mag and found this!  I'm sharing it with you because this is hands down the best Chinese dish I've ever made!  It's really the sauce.  And the brussels sprouts.  I could do without the pork and sub in chicken.  But really, the sauce is like the sauce in Chinese restaurants!  Seriously, it's super easy, you probably already have almost all the stuff, it's cheap and you should totally give it a try!  Here, I'll even post the recipe right below...

Ingredients

3 tbsp oil
1/2 lb. boneless pork loin chops, cut into 1/4 in.-thick-strips
1 lb. brussels sprouts, halved (I used frozen because my grocery store didn't have fresh)
2 scallions, whites and greens sliced separately 
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/3 c. soy sauce
2 tbsp. brown sugar


Directions
Heat 1 tbsp. oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add pork and cook until golden; transfer to plate. Add remaining 2 tbsp. oil and sprouts to pan; cook, stirring occasionally, until brown and tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Add scallion whites and garlic; cook 1 minute. Add soy sauce, brown sugar and 1/4 cup water; cook until sauce is slightly thickened. Return pork to pan and toss to coat. Top with scallion greens.

(recipe and photo cred to Everyday with Rachael Ray...again, because I'm lazy and can't take my own pictures)

No comments: