Friday, March 13, 2009

confessions of a shopaholic

On Sunday I finished reading Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella. It was quite interesting because judging from the previews for the movie I thought it was set in NYC, however it was set in London. It kind of caught me off guard, when I think about it, I guess I haven't read a lot of books not based in the US lately. Not by choice, I guess it just kind of worked out that way...hmm...interesting. Anyway, moving along, it was a fun read. It was a light book, nothing too serious...as much as I do love clothes and shoes and basically anything that you can buy it made me NOT want to indulge because of all of the debt the main character had! Geez, if you have problems with spending money please read this book so that you will be too scared to spend it. The cool thing about it being set in London is that I work with a woman from London and I actually was reading a lot of the phrases that she uses day to day like, "I've got to go to the loo"--which means "I've got to go to the bathroom." Hmm...learn something new everyday. But yeah, it was a cute, good, light-hearted book. I give it a 2.5 out of 5 stars. Sorry for those who may seem let down, remember I started reading this book after I finished Eat Pray Love which I adored and was very eye opening to me. But yeah, to wrap it up, if you want something light and cute, go get Shopaholic!

No comments: