Wednesday, September 24, 2008

delightful evening

I forgot to fill you all in on our weekend. Well this past weekend was filled with homework for John, football games (Go Pack!) and fixing the house up. We were invited earlier that week to come over for dinner at our realtor's house and eat with her and her husband. So we went over Sunday night and had a wonderful time! She made steaks and some delicious veggie side dishes, we really enjoy her and her hubby. We were blessed to have such a wonderful realtor and now a good friend!

So I felt sorry for the other JK since he was stuck doing homework all weekend and since my abilities are limited in the electrical engineering category I decided that I would make him one of his fave things to eat...sausage cheese balls! I began making them yesterday (around dinner time) and decided that we should just eat them for dinner with some leftover side dishes. I also decided that I, too, needed a treat and tried out a Hershey bar pie recipe (compliments of my Leanie). JK devored his sausage cheese balls and I enjoyed a wonderful chocolate-filled pie...just a piece, I swear! (don't worry Mom and Cis, I'm saving some for you two) Needless to say we were both delightfully full after our "treat dishes". Anyway, the pie was incredible, thanks Leanie for the recipe!

After that we did none other than...that's right, house touch ups! JK is a caulking machine, he filled in every hole, nook and cranny that could possibly be in our 80 year old house. Hopefully that means no sneaky little mice will find their way into our warm home this winter! Anyway, today I have to go and paint over all of the caulked and spackled parts (I just knew that you all were dying to know about my exciting life).

I also have a pleasant surprise, my allergies have some how sneaked up here with me to the burgh. I think it may be the change in weather that's sparking the lovely sniffling and itchy eyes...hopefully it will go away soon. I thought I had left them in pollen-filled NC, grrr. One last glorious thing...we finally had our car inspection approved! After having to replace this and buy that, etc., which means no more Midas trips...thank goodness!

1 comment:

delores lail said...

Save that chocolate. I rememberit well. One of my favorites that Leanie made!!! Yay!